Continuous Data Acquisition, Signal Analysis and Process Monitoring
Coda is a full-featured turnkey software platform for data acquisition, signal analysis and process monitoring. Complete turnkey operation provides quicker time to test by eliminating costly application programming and long learning curves. The extensive built-in features and tools offer a functionality that was previously available only in custom packages. The intuitive graphical user interface facilitates set-up, operation and analysis, thus leading to precise, repeatable results quickly.
Thanks to its modular structure and easy parameterization, Coda is the perfect solution for a wide range of applications:
- Measurements and data analysis on test stands and test assemblies.
- Performance and functional tests of turbo-compressors, gas and steam turbines, jet engines, gearboxes, generators.
- Experimental structural testing, multi-axis strain and stress analyses.
- Process monitoring in power plants, refineries, at production lines.
- Static and dynamic structural tests, e.g. on aircraft and rail vehicles.
Coda processes virtually every physical quantity, for example, temperatures, voltages, stresses, strains, pressures, forces, accelerations and frequencies. Even high-channel count applications using thousands of channels are configured within a very short time and handled safely and efficiently.
- Measurement Hardware
- Key Features
Coda supports a large number of high-precision, powerful USB, Ethernet, LXIbus and VXIbus-based acquisition hardware scalable for any test size.
VibRunner is m+p international’s modular measurement hardware from 24 input channels (single-ended/fully differential). It is designed for the flexibility of functioning as a standalone or 19” rack-mount unit. Multiple chassis can be distributed and synchronized providing very high performance data throughput capability for the largest of channel counts using multiple Ethernet Gbit interfaces.
Coda can also be operated with the advanced 48-channel LXIbus-based EX10xx series and EX1629 instruments made by VTI Instruments Corp. for thermocouple, voltage and strain gage measurements. Support of Bustec's 6100 function card carrier is also implemented.
The compact and rugged, Ethernet-based I/O chassis from United Electronic Industries are compatible with a wide variety of I/O boards for voltage input, current input, thermocouples, strain gages, RVDT/LVDT, digital I/O, counter, etc. The boards can be installed in any combination. Tests configured on the Coda PC can be run fully standalone without the need for a PC or other network connection.
Coda also supports a wide range of proven VXIbus hardware which is ideally suited for many measurement tasks because of its performance, accuracy and reliability: VT1413B/C, VT1419A, VT1422A, VT1459A.
m+p international’s compact VibPilot is the perfect solution whenever an integrated 4 to 32-channel vibration measurement hardware with USB interfacing is needed.
- Scalable system for hundreds of channels
- Client/server architecture
- SQL database for parameter management
- Intuitive graphical user interface (Microsoft Windows environment)
- Automatic instrument identification
- Comprehensive measurement functions
- Temporary or permanent, pre-programmed or event-controlled data storage
- Event handling incl. limit checking and alarm monitoring
- Comprehensive visualization
- Replay function
- Real-time mathematical functions for calculating virtual channels
- Standardized data interfaces
- Data export to Excel, ASCII, MATLAB and other popular analysis packages